Last week Emma fell out of the car and fractured her Clavicle bone. I don't know who I feel more sorry for me or her. She is a terrible patient. Every time she moves She screams bloody murder. I think that she thinks she broke every bone in her body. Since it happened she has not slept lying down so that means that she wakes up every two to three hours. So between her and Lily I have not had much sleep. I am crossing my fingers that tonight will be different and I will get a normal nights sleep. (Only waking up once or twice to take care of Lils.) Scott and I both agree that Emma is milking this for all it is worth. We have noticed that she will use her left arm (that is the one that she hurt.) all the time. Then when she doesn't want to do something she will cry and say her arm hurts. I guess it is time to lay down the law and let her know who is boss. Wish me luck. I have a feeling this won't be easy. But, being a mother never is!
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Fractured Clavicle Bone
Last week Emma fell out of the car and fractured her Clavicle bone. I don't know who I feel more sorry for me or her. She is a terrible patient. Every time she moves She screams bloody murder. I think that she thinks she broke every bone in her body. Since it happened she has not slept lying down so that means that she wakes up every two to three hours. So between her and Lily I have not had much sleep. I am crossing my fingers that tonight will be different and I will get a normal nights sleep. (Only waking up once or twice to take care of Lils.) Scott and I both agree that Emma is milking this for all it is worth. We have noticed that she will use her left arm (that is the one that she hurt.) all the time. Then when she doesn't want to do something she will cry and say her arm hurts. I guess it is time to lay down the law and let her know who is boss. Wish me luck. I have a feeling this won't be easy. But, being a mother never is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I feel the sorriest for you Emily, and I'm racked with guilt. Dad says I'm an incompetent nana and should not tend the grandchildren anymore. A split chin, a broken clavicle? Strike three you're out! Sorry Emma. Nana is sooooooooooo sad about your injury. I hope you're better soon. And, Emily, you're right about Emma milking it for all it's worth--She learned it from a pro!!!
ouch. I guess that hurt, for both of you! Teach Emma that she isn't hurt anymore!
It is nice to have life somewhat back to normal after that whole experience. I noticed you don't have a "rotavirus" entry on your blog yet. I guess spending time cleaning up vomit and diarrhea takes away from blogging time.
Em,
This reminds me of James' eye cyst-- officially known as Chilazion. What a nightmare! He was two and I had to put a hot pack on his eye for 30 minutes every four hours. Mags was a baby so I felt like I wrestled him screaming for 30 minutes. Nursed Maggie. Fed him. Then it was wrestle time again. I was nearly insane! Sorry your nightmare has you doing the night shift too. I thought nightmares were for when we are asleep!??? Hang in there---or die. Which is worse?????Ha ha.
Love ya.
Kim
I hope Emma is feeling better and that you are getting some sleep! I must say that the Tutu is darling! LOVE IT! At least her teeth aren't turning black like little Noah's!
Em,
What's up with the blog. I miss your news!! Come on!!
Post a Comment