Saturday, May 17, 2008

Past due

Last September I was supposed to renew my driver's license. It is now May and I just barley renewed it. Not because I was finally being a responsible adult but because I got pulled over. I was speeding, but that is not the only thing that I was doing wrong. I didn't have proof of insurance, I wasn't wearing a seatbelt and yes, my driver's license was long over due. Last Wednesday I dragged Emma and Lily into the Driver's License Facility and tried to renew it. I thought it would be a simple process. Boy was I wrong. I had to take a test because I had let it go so long before renewing my license. I thought it would be a simple quick test and that even with the kids it would be no problem. Well, let me tell you, it was a huge problem. I had the double stroller, and of course, the computer that I was assigned to test at was clear back in the corner. I tried not to disturb those testing, but it was a little difficult with the kids and the stroller. After bumping into a few people with the stroller and causing a few dirty looks, I made it to my computer and started the test. I looked at the first question and about died. I had never even heard of a Gore. Have you? I franticly started looking through the test booklet to find the answer. Then Emma, started crying that she wanted to go home. Everyone looked up once again and stared at me. Then Lily started in. I was so frustrated and there was no way that I was going to leave. I kept on trying to find the answer while my kids were bawling their heads off. I am not even kidding or exaggerating. Then, I looked up and there was an officer walking down the aisle straight towards me and my crying kids. She asked me if I could please leave and come back later. NO, I can't come back later. That is why I am here right now. That is what I wanted to say to her, but I held in my anger, grabbed my kids and left. I was so mad I could hardly control myself. I called Scott and told him what had happened. He said that I could go and take the test when he got home from work. Ok, that works...so I go back over to the driver's license place and tell them that I need to take the test to renew my license. This time I only had fifteen minutes to take it before they closed. I thought that it would be no problem to finish in fifteen minutes and started to take the test. Once again I read the first question and panic. What kind of test is this anyway? Who cares if people who own tractors have to have a drivers license. Well, anyway I failed. I could not believe this. I had to go back again and take that @!#$ test! I had taken the test yesterday, failed it and had come home with a migraine. It was horrible. Oh, yes... I finally passed that miserable test, thank goodness. Let me just say lesson learned. I will never let my driver's license expire again!!!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Too bad they didn't make you drive too. You are hilarious.

Unknown said...

At least you got to have a new picture taken for your license. Which picture do you want: Frazzled mom dragging her kids to the license facility, or stress induced migraine from drivers test?

Robs said...

Oh, Emily! That is horrible. When mom told me the story I could just picture you trying to take that stupid test with your two kiddos. MISERY! I'm glad you got it passed and everything is fine now! Sorry about your migraine...just makes the story that much better! Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Well, Emily, what can I say--lesson learned is right! How about that second set of keys? Or will we have to relive that nightmare again? I still love you. Your story is great and we can all laugh now that it is behind you!

ellen said...

It's always good to learn a lesson!