Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Zoo, anyone?

My friend called me today to see if I wanted to go to the zoo with her. I am not a huge fan of the Hogle Zoo. Since it was free admittance I went against my better judgment. Just for the record I will not be going to the zoo for a very long time. Don't worry, I really don't think that Emma and Lily will be too devastated. Lily is too young to even care and Emma just runs around oblivious to why one goes to the zoo. I can't blame her though. The Hogle Zoo is definitely lacking in the animal department.
So, there is this exhibit going on right now called the Ghost of the Bayou. (a white alligator.) We finally get up to the glass to see the alligator and of course it is not moving at all. Not even a blink of the eye. We finish staring at the pathetic thing and leave. On the way out Emma says to me "That dinosaur dead." Ok, first of all it is not a dinosaur. Secondly, I really hope that it is not dead. But, your right Emma, he doesn't look to lively right at the moment. I am still laughing under my breath at her comment. Poor alligator....

9 comments:

Gracie said...

Hilarious! Maybe you should go to the Licolan Park Zoo in Chicago. I loved that zoo! I hope that there are zoos in Korea!

Mandy said...

Emily you are crazy! Jack loved that alligator so much he had to see it again! Infact we had such a fun time we stayed past four. Maybe next year will be better than the last couple- ha ha!

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I still laugh when I think about it. I can just hear Emma saying "that dinosaur dead." Emily, you're just spoiled from the Washington DC Zoo. You're right, the Hogle Zoo is not fun--unless you're looking for a strenuous workout!

Robs said...

That is hilarious! I hate the zoo too! It's miserable!

Ernie said...

SO EM, wanna go to the zoo next week? Ollie is dying to go. I love it!!We are thinking about getting a season pass! I too am still giggling every time I think abouyt it!

Suzanne Linge said...

Loved your story about the zoo. I miss you we need to do another quilt I hope you get this is you do then I will know I finally learned how to get into your blog

Kim said...

I'm with Gracie. Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo is almost as magical for me as Disneyland is for Natalie. I can hardly remember Hoogle Zoo. What I do remember are the hills and the turtles. Ask Jim about the turtles.

Unknown said...

Bears? No we don't have any bears at the Hogle Zoo. Our bear died when he ate a glove!

Debbie said...

That is so funny! "That dinosaur dead!" I love that! I love it when kids use their rather limited vocabulary to try to make sense of the world and describe things they see. It comes out so funny sometimes, and that was a good one. That poor alligator!