Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Weight for me!!


Today I went to my Monday power toning class at the gym. I love this class. It is the best work out. When I am done I can hardly walk (that is a good thing), and I am stiff everywhere the next day. Well, today the instructor decided to change things. Just let me paint a picture for you. The class was packed and the faster we did things the better. Resist-a-balls were rolling this way and that. By the time we finished our squats the instructor had already started with the push ups. Unless you were Wonder Woman you could not keep up! Seriously, I felt like my anxiety levels were flying out the door. Then at the end of the class the instructor informs us that we just burned about 800 calories, ya think! In my case I may have burned 800 calories, but it wasn't from the crazy workout. It was because I was frantically running around trying to keep up with the instructor. It was out of control!! Needless to say I must have done something right, because I am stiff today. Hopefully next week I will be able to keep up!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Em. Weight to go! I wish my body would let me work out like that. I miss it.

Unknown said...

Working out doesn't decrease my anxiety, it just increases my chance of having a heart attack. I now officially get NO exercise now that they moved my office downstairs. I no longer have my daily climb to keep me from being 100% without exercise. I am glad you have something to help you deal with your stress. Maybe you will be able to keep your anxiety from causing me stress now.

Robs said...

Sounds like a great workout. I wish we could go to the gym together. We would have so much fun!

NatalieBee said...

I can only dream about being so agile. When my first 4 babies were born I would look and them and think "I can't believe that this little being was just in my body!" With this one I don't think I'm going to feel that amazement. There is definately something big and hard and heavy in there. I can't even move!! Maybe I'll give birth to an 8 pound snicker bar! Love ya, Natalie

Gracie said...

Wow!That does sound hectic. Maybe if you keep trying you will turn into "Wonder Woman"!

Kim said...

Em,
It sounds pretty impressive. Maybe I'm not missing out on too much see'ns how it's been two and a half years since I went to my body pump class. I'm getting on in years and I just don't think I could take that kind of abuse. You go girl! Stick to it! No pain, no gain.

Anonymous said...

Time for an update!