Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mine at Last!



My Grandma and Grandpa Daniels had bunk beds in their basement when I was growing up. I can still remember Robilyn and me playing on them when we were little. I loved those bunk beds. (There is something about them that just scream out "childhood"). Last June when my Grandpa passed away my sisters and I were able to choose something from my Grandparents home that we wanted. Yes, I chose the bunk beds. I put them in Emma's room. She loves them. Whenever we go somewhere she is sure to let people know that Great Grandpa gave her bunk beds and that she sleeps up top! (I know she is only three, but so far so good.) Thanks Grandpa, we love the beds and will take good care of them. Who knows... maybe they will be around for Emma's children to sleep on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bunk beds look great. I'm glad Emma loves them and hopefully, she will always have memories of great grandpa.

NatalieBee said...

Cute pictures- Lily looks as pleased as punch, she also looks dangerously close to taking a face dive into the floor. I'm just speaking from experience here. I'm sure she doesn't stand on the top like that when you aren't around. Only my kids... or should I say Hyrum does crazy stuff like that. It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye. I'm glad you got the bunk beds.

Kim said...

I can't stand the thought of how much work it was to get that bedding looking so absolutely perfect! I'm glad it wasn't me with my big belly doing it! Looks great!!

Mandy said...

Cool beds Emma!! We wish we had bunkbeds like that, awesome. Emma and Lily look so cute!

Robs said...

I totally remember those bunk beds. I also remember that I always had to sleep on the bottom so that you could have the top! The bunk beds look great. I'm with Kim, how long did it take you to have the bedding look perfect! Very cute! I'm impressed that Emma sleeps on the top already! I can't believe how big Lily looks!

Britni and Owen said...

I tagged you. Go to my BLOG.