Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just rest Mommy




I opened the refrigerator today and finally accepted the fact, that it was time for the dreaded weekly grocery shopping trip. I pack Emma and Lily into the car and we are off. After unloading the kids out of the car and into the germ infested grocery cart (just another reason why I don't like grocery stores). I start the search for the much needed food on my list. I frantically start throwing this and that into my cart. The faster I get this done the sooner I can get on with my day. After about an hour I am done. We check out and of course the bottom of the cart is full of things that Emma has decided she wants. Sorry Emma, I have already paid. She throws her little fit and finally accepts that she is not getting the Sponge Bob bubble bath that she wanted. I unload all the grocery bags into the car and get the kids buckled in and speed home. Now, here comes the fun part, Unloading it all!! At this point I am mentally and physically exhausted. We get home and I start unloading all the food. All the time muttering things under my breathe that I hope Emma is not tuning into. I look up from my mess of grocery bags and sure enough she is just loving the show that I am putting on. "What's the matter Mommy". she asks. "Oh nothing, I just hate these nasty groceries." After the groceries are all put away I go and plop down on the couch and try to collect my thoughts. (Lily of course has not made a peep the whole time. She is such a good baby. How did I get so lucky?) While I stare into space. Emma looks up while playing with her train table and says, "Mommy, just rest". I guess she could see just how exhausted I was from our little trip to the grocery store. Thanks Emma, I think I will "rest" Just for a minute... though.

7 comments:

Robs said...

Oh the grocery store! You should see the disaster it is when I take my kids. They insist on riding in that filthy little car thing and then attempting to climb out the ENTIRE time. Usually it ends up with both kids running away from me down the aisles of the grocery store. Last time it was so bad I swore I would not take them again. I'm glad that Emma gave you a few moments to recover from the weekly grocery store!

Kim said...

Em, this is jim i am signed in under kim and too lazy to switch. Cute blog. You girls look great.
I went to the store last night with Maggie - the rest of the kids were with kim at a school musical (as bad as shopping is it was the better choice). It is a huge store that makes a target look very small. Anyway as we were walking around about 50 people came up and said "your daughter is so cute." at least that is what I thought they were saying. I kept hearing MeGu Baby which means American Baby. Gloria and Robert can be proud of all their cute grandkids

Ernie said...

You are a silly freaky girl! I don't know why you hate it so much, just shop at Dicks, get the free cookie from the bakery, and alah!!! Quiet ( for a minute anyway.) Ollie also insists on the car, I guess thats gives me a little bit of anxiety. However, the otherday she fell asleep in the car, so it was a great shopping trip! I have told you over and over again I would watch the girls while you shop. I am beginning to think you don't trust me with your kids, hmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute. Emma is so wise. She sensed what you were feeling and expressed it so lovingly and simple! What would we do without our kiddos? Grocery shopping is the worst--even without kids!

Anonymous said...

I love your quotes on children. I forgot to mention that in my first comment.

Kim said...

Oh the grocery store! I have been brought to tears many a time because of that place. Now, what I would give to walk through yours. Wowsie. Just don't give up. I like this quote,
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier; not because the nature of the task has changed, but because our ability to do it has increased" It's true. Love ya.

Gracie said...

I love your blog! You have such a good blog!